Monday, February 4, 2013

Can you believe its February?!

Well time does fly when you're having fun.  Actually, time flies as you get older.  Remember back when some days just creeped by, slow as molasses, with the thought that the weekend would never get here?  Now, before you know it, before you blink, its Sunday afternoon and the weekend not only arrived, it too flew by.

The forest was quiet this week.  Having been in Arizona the week before with doctors, tests, chemo, work, friends and family this last week was so very quiet.  Which was great because I've been sick.  Me, the one who never gets sick, has a nasty sinus infection and a voice that comes and goes like a teenage boy going through puberty!  When I talk I sound like a bad phone connection with soundless words just coming out of my mouth. I am truly breaking up. lol

While at Linda and Greg's in Prescott at the end of my Arizona week, their yard was finally finished.  Rock not only in but also the doggie grass.  That is some really cool stuff!  Can't wait to get some for Colorado.  Here are a couple of pics, Maggie on her new grass and Penny obviously enjoying it!  Oh wait, was she just wanting a tummy rub?


 

On Tuesday after I returned it snowed and boy was it beautiful.  Big giant snowflakes.  The dogs loved it!  Max, of course, left his keys in the yard and and to retrieve them from the snow.  Oliver just seemed intrigued.


























The absolute highlight of the week, next to the lovely snow, was making and sharing dinner with Deb and Marilyn on Saturday night.  I made a new recipe.  Improvised a bit as the grocery choices here in Trinidad are dismal but it came out great with the girls saying "take a picture" as it came out of the oven.  I know you're dying to know what "it" is aren't you.  It was baked pasta with eggplant.  Actually the recipe calls for eggplant, turkey sausage, pasta and cheese but mine ended up with mushrooms and eggplant because the eggplant was very difficult to come by.  Its all cooked and put into a filo lined spring form pan and baked.  Cut like a pie and devoured with smiles.  I have to admit, it was so much fun to take it out of the oven and have it turn out so good.  Whew. Truly a pasta pie!





I returned to the forest with a huge "to-do" list from work so I best get at it.  Please let me know if you want the recipe for this amazing dish.

Love from the happy cook,
Lanae


No comments:

Post a Comment