Friday, January 25, 2013

Its been too long

I know its been a long time since I've written.  I had a friend tell me a week or two between posts is just too long. lol.  Well I have been busy ya know...

I'm currently in Arizona and have been since Sunday.  Working, doctors appointments, pet scan (which is clean by the way!) visits with a few friends and great quality time with my sister Deb. As I sit here getting chemo I'm super tired (not sleeping) and missing my furry boys.  I plan to go see Linda and Greg when I'm done here.  A quick drive to Prescott and then hang out until the crack of OMG Sunday morning when I hit the road.

The garage has been completed or at least the major stuff done.  When I get back I'm going to focus on unloading the extra bedroom.  I'm leaving with a very long to-do list from work so its going to be a crazy couple of weeks until the dust settles but that's ok.  Busy is good.

I guess the really cold snap is over for my neck of the woods. We are supposed to get snow this next week and I'm glad.  The forest is dry!  Last week it was clear as a bell at my house but yet 20 miles away in Raton, NM it snowed 8 inches!!





Over the last couple of weeks I've seen many deer.  There is an area off the drive way by the house that they like.  Seems its the same 8 that are hanging out. Glad they feel safe to do that near my house

Did I mention that I made apple butter.  I forgot to peel the apples but I scooped a bunch out and it turned out really good!!  Next time I'll peel the apples.  I was disappointed that 12 apples only made 2 pints of butter.  I might make a double batch next time.  It was easy peasy- 12 apples peeled and cored cut up into small pieces, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, a dash or two of nutmeg and some honey to taste.  Cook the heck out of it for like 8 hours, blends and wa la you have apple butter.  You can add additional spice to taste.







Austin has been staying with the boys.  Thank you Austin.  When I return I need to find a groomer.  Max is filthy and Oliver is not only in need of a bath, his fur makes him look like a scowling little old man! lol.  According to Austin, both boys miss me.  Ahhhhh.



Well the Benedryl has kicked in so I'm going to sign off.

Love from the big city -

Lanae

No comments:

Post a Comment