Saturday, February 22, 2014

Before the end of February

Greetings from the Forest

I said I was going to try to write two blogs a month and this one is just squeaking in before the end of February.  Perhaps that tells you I've been, well, busy?  Life is good, weather is too warm and not enough moisture!!

So what is new in the forest.  Well, I have a new plow on my 4 wheeler.  I'm just waiting for enough snow to plow.  Not sure that's going to happen this winter and that makes me sad.  But, my plow is very pretty thank you Mr. Rick Kinder for installing it!  We did get an inch or two a couple of weeks ago but we need more!




















I went last Saturday and picked up my Bountiful Baskets order.  This time I tried Colorado City and it was much easier.  Although the truck was late because of high winds on the interstate, the process went smooth and the volunteers were really friendly.  I got lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, tangelos, leeks, spinach, apples, pineapple, bananas, carrots and red potatoes all for $15.  Even with the gas it is worth the drive considering our produce in town is pretty bad.

Oh the beauty of fresh produce!!

I got some lovely flowers for Valentines Day from a client/friend.  Made my day!




I volunteered to take breakfast goodies to the group doing forest mitigation work.  Friday morning I took sausage in crescent rolls, apples, muffins and string cheese.  This morning I took cheese, sausage, egg mini burritos that were a huge hit, apples and banana bread.  It is nice to do something to help out when these folks are working so hard to make our forest safe and healthy.  Just as I was leaving the work area I drove past a meadow that was the site of the previous weekend mitigation and saw these deer.  Seems they were very happy with the mitigation work!!


So all is well in my little corner of the world.  We are happy and healthy and I hope you are too!


In serious need of a bath!
Goofy little guy!





















Love and happy days to you-
Lanae








No comments:

Post a Comment