Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall Has Arrived

Greetings from the forest

We have officially entered the fall season.  Living in Arizona it meant the temps were down to 100 as we waited for the winter months.  Here in Colorado it means the trees are changing colors, the evenings are in the 40's and 50's and the days are 75 to 80.  Crisp clear mornings are so invigorating but the getting light later is difficult no matter where you live.  There is a dusting of snow on the Sangre de Cristo mountains.  It is a preview of whats to come.

Add caption
Although busy it was a quiet week.  Except for, of course, the cows!  Yesterday a momma cow lost her baby right by my house and she bellowed and bellowed, then all the mommas got into the groove and moo'd.  I asked them nicely to go down the road (for any neighbors reading this, I was not really herding them away from my house) but they kept coming back.  Max and Ollie were going nuts.  Finally they moooooved on but returned, are you ready, at 2:45 this morning!  Oh seriously don't they sleep.  Yes neighbors I was herding them then in my jammies and slippers at 2:45!! They came back at 6 a.m.  Or perhaps it was another group.  Regardless, they do a great job mowing just hate the fertilizing.


Last week I got to see my favorite horse, MoTar.  This silly horse followed me around the property while I was taking pictures for our listing.  Here are a couple of pics.  Seriously I love this horse!  And he is for sale.  Problem is horses are expensive and although I could probably get a good price on him, its all the accessories like the new truck to pull the new horse trailer, the corral and barn I'd need to build, the hay, the grain, and the second horse to keep him company.  Guess I'll have to wait awhile, like until I hit the lottery.
Fixin his hair for his photo



While out taking photos of our horse property listing I drove by an interesting little cemetery on a county road.  Here is a picture along with an old wind mill and a lovely little pond. And we had a beautiful full moon.




On my way to work this week


Last but not least, a photo of my fierce cow alerting beasts -


Hope everyone has a great week and weekend -

Love and yup, more cow pies,
Lanae

No comments:

Post a Comment