Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Positivity

Greetings from the forest -

I was in Arizona a week and a half ago for my quarterly chemo treatment and to see Dr. Kato.  The positive news is that Dr. Kato doesn't want to see me for 6 months.  Also no chemo for 6 months.  You know you've got a great relationship with your doctor when he says "you know better than anyone when something is amiss so call me if you need, otherwise I'll see you in 6 months".  To which I responded, boy are you going to miss me. lol. Yes, he did agree.

Thank you Diane providing such pleasant accommodations.  Your hospitality was greatly appreciated for my very short visit.

After chemo it was off to Prescott for a day of rest.  Well kind of.  I don't see Linda often enough to really rest but we had a good time.  I headed back to the forest on Sunday.  Of course the deer were out to greet me and welcome me home.  Not to mention Deb, Max and Oliver gave me a positive homecoming.



The deck looks great!  Finally done.  They ran out of boards so completion too a bit longer.  Now the weather needs to clear up (its been cloudy and chilly) so I can have happy hour on the deck to celebrate.

On May 1st it snowed again. Yikes.  But, our forest is so dry that it makes it difficult to complain about the snow.  The trees and animals desperately need the moisture.  Although the garden must wait, this is positive weather for the thirsty forest!






I received the call last week from the CEO of the hospital asking if I was still interested in being on the board.  Heck yea.  Ok, so I didn't really say "heck yea"but I did accept.  I will be going for a tour of the hospital and orientation before the next meeting.  Apparently (so I've been told) this position is quite prestigious - who knew.  Its also volunteer but I'm looking forward to serving the community and feel this is a great learning experience. Positive news.  I'll keep you posted on how this all works out.  

Max saw Bambi out the living room door the other day.  Oh my goodness.  He was very excited.  Bambi on the other hand did a quick stage left exit.  The turkey have also been around.  The one thing I find interesting is the elk.  There are 8 to 10 that hang out at the bottom of my hill.  They are not even running away like they usually do.  Guess they feel safe since hunting season is over?  


Totally random but have I mentioned that the Amtrack train goes past our community at 10ish in the morning and 6 at night?  It does.  Just mentioning that so if anyone wants to visit the forest its an easy trip from Flagstaff direct to Trinidad. 


So thats it for this girl in the forest.  I hope you all know how much I miss you.  

Love and positivity,
Lanae

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Six months and no chemo!!! Best news I have heard in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is so nice to hear... that's really a good news.. I hope you don't need to take it anymore :)..

    those pics were nice :)

    fina

    ReplyDelete