Saturday, March 2, 2013

Is it done snowing?

Greetings from the forest -

Last Saturday the blizzard warning was all the focus.  Get to the store, make sure you have food, put your car in the garage and bundle up.  Snow was to hit at 1 a.m. Sunday morning.  Nope, didn't happen.  It did however hit with a vengence at about 3 p.m. and snowed until the wee hours of Monday morning.

Max figured out if he picked up his floppy feet the snow would fly and it was such fun to chase it.  Oh boy. As a side note, Max totally cleans the snow off his feet and surrounding floor.  I guess the snow tastes like ice cubes. lol





And you're wondering - where is Oliver? Well since his extreme grooming he likes to stay out of the snow and find a sunny warm spot.




Worked at home Monday.  Went out Tuesday morning driving through 18" drifts and in the afternoon our "less than one inch" of forecasted snow turned into 5 plus inches.  On top of the previous snow this made for some fun driving come Thursday.



Fortunately my dear neighbor plowed my driveway or I'd have gotten stuck for sure.  Rich looked like he was having a blast, grinning ear to ear, flying down the driveway and looking much like Santa with his white beard!




On the food front I made some fun little breakfast pockets.  I took 2 eggs and scrambled them with a couple of slices of salami (chopped) and some cheese.  Then I folded a heaping tablespoon into the middle of a crescent roll.  Folded it up and popped them in the oven.  It made 6 little pockets.  Not bad for only 2 eggs!  It took no time at all and I had breakfast for like 3 days.  It was a fun change.





So, most of you know that Austin has moved on.  His little cabin is for sale, his 4 wheeler is in my garage and he arrived in Hawaii Friday to live near his sister, Cathy and her family.  I will miss him terribly and he knows that.  But, it turned out that small town Trinidad and the mountains were not his cup of tea.  Sometimes in life being near family is what beckons, not to mention the beach, macadamia nuts and pineapples!  I wish him nothing but happiness in his new paradise.


The only other mention for this week is this coming Sunday's conceal carry gun class.  It is a 4 hour class and I'm excited to go.  Not so much so I can legally carry my gun in my purse (most of you know a gun would never fit in my purse) but rather the discussion about wildlife and other ways to deter unwanted bears, mountain lions, etc.  There are quite a few neighbors from the ranch going so it should prove to be fun.  I'll let you know...

So thats it from the forest for this week.  I can feel spring around the corner so now the garden planning begins.

Love and snow drifts,
Lanae











1 comment:

  1. If only kids would clean up their messes like Max does LOL

    So happy to hear you are taking the conceal carry class ... I took mine just waiting for my permit in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete