Monday, March 25, 2013

Oh for the love of packing -

Greeting from the forest.

Its been a while since I've taken the time to update you on all the happenings here in the pines...

My sister Deb is officially moved and a resident of Cokedale, Colorado.  Loving her little historic home and happily putting things away and getting it all fixed up.  Unfortunately the cell service is bad (the house backs up to a mountain that blocks service) and she has to go across the street to talk to me.  Yesterday it was snowing and she was out there calling me to tell me it was snowing. lol.  The drive from Arizona to Colorado was uneventful and Tootsie the truck did a fine job.  If I don't have to drive another Uhaul Truck for awhile I'll be happy.

My interview with the hospital board is on Tuesday.  I've picked out my outfit (you know how I stress) and I'm ready to be questioned by 7 or 8 people.  Should be interesting.  I keep telling myself there is no need to be nervous but I have a feeling come Tuesday afternoon I'll have a couple of butterflies.

The weather has been kind of crazy.  A lovely 60 degrees one day and snowing the next.  The Sunday before I left to head to sunny Arizona we got alot of snow (picture below).  Today was cold but sunny until a little while ago when it started snowing again.  And yes, my phone rang and it was Deb telling me it was snowing at her house and that her car had icicles on it. lol.   We got about 3 inches yesterday which melted today and now we're to get a couple more inches.  It is pretty.  I'm told April is a snowy month so we'll see what happens.  So hard to believe it was in the 90's while I was in Arizona.



Max did not want to come in from playing in the snow!

Oliver has this snow thing figured out.

On the food front, the other day I realized I hadn't had chicken in a long time!  So I grilled on the George Foreman a couple of chicken breasts that had been marinated in italian dressing and I topped them with green chilies (whole roasted ones from last year that I bought from the farmers market and had in the freezer) and then topped with cheddar cheese.  I must say it was very yummy and Deb loved it!  So simple.

The big news for this week however is that the Payson house is rented.  My wonderful neighbor in Payson, Barbara, found me a long term renter who wants to move in April 1.  That's awesome news except for one little glitch - he wants it unfurnished.  Hmmmmm.  So, the plan is to leave the forest Wednesday morning early and drive to Arizona, again, and pack up the cabin.  Some of the stuff, like a bed and picnic table and bookcase will come back to Colorado in, yup, you guessed it, Timmy the trailer.  Oh I do love to punish myself. ha ha ha.  Some of the furniture will go to Barbara for use in staging her house which she is putting on the market in a few months.  I am super excited to have my sister Linda helping me as she is going to meet me in Payson Wednesday afternoon.  We will have some girl time and get the stuff packed.  Win win.  The boys will have sister Deb here to house sit so that's a win win also.




On the wildlife front, I saw 4 elk the other day coming home from town.




And of course the deer show up just when I need a message from the forest to slow down and stop stressing!




So until next time -
Love and continued snowflakes

Lanae






No comments:

Post a Comment